Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Zoo

We heard about the Lincoln Park Zoo and all its 365 days of freeness and thought we would check it out. It was thee coolest place and we didn't even get to see all of it. I kept thinking, I can't believe this is free. All of the old buildings are kept up and beautiful. There is also the Lincoln Park Conservatory that is so awesome. Just sprawling acres of free history. 


I took a lot of pictures of the architecture and cool building details so bear with me. 
And I am sorry for the pun. Or am I?


Up at the top of the building the words Small Animal House are carved.

The monkeys awaiting our arrival.

Details, details.

Saw the turtle and the fish carved in the stone and then I saw this little guy storing away for the winter. A double score.

The Lincoln Park Conservatory
 


I feel like I need to explain myself, as a welcome back to Chicago gift I have had an allergic reaction to something, which is why my face is looks puffy. It looks like I have Botox or sudden weight gain to the face, which come to think of it, I have a new excuse for when sudden weight gain of the face does occur, "aw man it looks like that dang allergic reaction is back."

Happy Sammy. 
This part reminded me of my parents backyard, with the pink flowers and terra cota pots.

The beauty of man made structures combined with nature.





The highlight of the zoo.
Kids were just crammed in there trying to touch the hippo. And what does my son do? 
Just gets in there like the rest of them. I think he is even about to collar that boy.

Kate, keeping a safer distance from the crowd.


We will continue to do free and fun things while we are out here and post them in hopes of luring people to come out and visit us. Chicago isn't that bad, we promise.

1 comment:

The Stephens Family said...

How amazing!!! That looks like so much fun! I would LOVE to come visit you guys someday!