Friday, May 11, 2012

Flashback Friday


Thirteen years ago sometime around this week, I was saying goodbye to Ryan or Elder Stephens. Ryan was leaving to serve an LDS mission in Atlanta, Georgia. This picture was taken the day before he left and was our last hug for two years. 

Looking at this picture I remember how saying goodbye was so hard to do. I remember later that night, just standing on his front porch shaking his hand and crying. I wasn't crying because I was sad, this was the best thing ever for him to do and it was one of my qualifications in finding a husband. I was crying because I would miss him so much. He was my best friend and I wouldn't be able to call him anytime I felt like it to just unload all of my crazy talk. 

Fast forward to now and it's amazing how life moves forward and the feelings that you had that were once so strong and difficult become a memory and things that were hard then, get replaced by other things that are hard. These two have grown up a lot since this picture and we still have so much growing up to do. I actually don't know if we will ever grow up. Anyway, random thoughts, and an old picture. Hence, Flashback Friday.

No comments: