I like to save things.
If it has any memory associated with it I can think of a million reasons why I need to save it. I think, actually I know, it drives Ryan crazy. Especially when we are having to condense for moves.
My Sister's Mother-in-Law made her a t-shirt blanket when she was first married and from then on I thought about how much I wanted one. Well it turns out that I have a pretty awesome Mother-in-Law myself and I finally got up the courage to ask her if she would make me a T-shirt blanket. I say courage because it is no small task to piece together a quilt. She actually did it for me and I am so happy to have it.
The Front
The Back
She used the leftover backsides of my T-shirts to make a patchwork on the back.
The other day Sam and I were sitting on the couch underneath it and it was cool to look at everything and think how many times I would wear some of these T-shirts, to tennis practice, to bed, to ASB things, to girl's camp, etc. It makes me sentimental and I think that it is even cooler that it is made from 95% of my T-shirts. It's like I'm wearing them all over again. Thank you Lori for making this and for your awesome talent that you share with me.



3 comments:
Wow girl! Little Lake?? That's a long time to hold onto a shirt... how awesome!
Love it!!!
My inner hoarder is crying right now. I've thrown out so many t-shirts! aaah. What an adorable quilt!!
Post a Comment